Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ahhh... A Relaxing Morning After The Exams

History defeated! I wrote really good! And what's better than riding your bike and go to the park near the sea? Nothing! OK, it was quite difficult to reach the parks because of trafficb but when I arrived, I was really surprised. It's true, I had never been to the parks, especially as a rider.
The mayor did a very good job! I have to admit that the park needed more trees and grass(the usual number for Thessaloniki is 2.5 m2 of grass per citizen, while other european cities have 1om2) but there is a lot of space for a walk, a cycling road for cyclists, small waterfalls and many other happy surprises! The length of the parks is quite big(almost 4km) so:
4km(home to parks)+4km(parks)x2(I did the same route in order to return home)=16km! Pretty good for a fatty like me! The problem is, when I came home, I was so tired and hungry I ate a small box of mini ice-creams!
All in all, I think that the city is finally getting what it deserves. The mayor is plannig to construct another 12kms of cycling road and rent bicycles, just like in Paris. This idea, plus the construction of the subway, may help Thessaloniki breath a little!

No comments: