Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Can Feel Your Heart Sink, Can You Feel Mine?


Yesterday I visited Thessaloniki's International Trade Fair with my father. Nothing special, as the fair has less and less traders and activities every year...
Next to the trade fair space, at the Vellidio Convention Center, the conference of Nea Dimokratia political party(yes, one of the parties that ruined the country) was held. At the end of the conference, the party's members and fans decided to occupy the whole street. You see, they decided to have a chat about their leader's speech, take photos etc. Fat men in costumes, smoking cigars, silly women, staring at the pedestrians like''Hey, my husband is a politician! Are you jealous?'' and old men who still believe that these people(and I mean the politicians generally) can save the country! Limos were honking, the buses were changing routes, it was a pandemonium!
And then I saw him! I saw one of the candidates for Thessaloniki's mayoralt smiling hypocritically at other people. Rarely I feel such a disgust! I wanted to slap them in the face! To shout:''Never beleive them! Don't forget what they did to us!'' But my father pushed me forward...
A few hours later, I went to the central square for an appointment. A small company of middle-aged people(probably friends) was sitting at the a cafe, singing and playing the guitar! This was the Greece that I love(and the Greece that people from other countries admire). With Greeks who forget about the problems and let go, like there's no tomorrow. It was not the IMF Greece, not the indebted Greece, not the politically corrupted Greece! I really hope that someday, the first incident will belong to the past and that all these faggots will be sent where they deserve to be:to HELL!!!

P.S. I really wanted to take a photo of these *!#$, but my cell phone's battery was almost empty.

P.S. 2 Blood Red Shoes FTW: the beat of this song, and ofcourse, its lyrics quite suit yesterday's incident...


The greatest let down leaves(lots of Greeks are dissapointed about the politicians)
(A taste in my mouth, taste in my mouth)
A blind and blank routine(we cannot leave behind the everyday life and its problems)
(We’re waiting it out, waiting it out)

They’re wearing me out with their happy town lies(lies, lies, lies=politicians)
(The small town weather, small town weather)
The ordinary sound of the ordinary mind(fresh ideas anyone?)
(We’re living it forever, living it forever)

We’ve heard it all ten thousand times(you know, that these people can and will save the country, blah blah blah)
Can you feel your heart sink? I can feel mine
We’ve heard it all ten thousand times
Can you feel your heart sink? I can feel mine
I can feel mine(I'm young and my heart is sink beacuse of what I see!)

Inch by inch we find(scandals, problems, bribings etc)
(We’re never satisfied, never satisfied)(cause we deserve something better)
We’re leaving it behind(we try to forget but it's difficult)
(And doubts go outside, doubts go outside)(No bloodies! No! In Greece, doubts will never die!)

We burn ourselves out just to calm ourselves down(or we take sedation pills)
(A space to recover, space to recover)
A little escape from the weight of this town(traffic, dirty streets, few parks=Thessaloniki)
(We need to find another, need to find another)(country? You think so?)

We’ve heard it all ten thousand times
Can you feel your heart sink? I can feel mine
We’ve heard it all ten thousand times
Can you feel your heart sink? I can feel mine
I can feel mine

And we'll sacrifice, for the opposites(of course, the Greek people always sacrifice!)
Cause there must be more and we know it(money? Hmmm...)

We’ve heard it all ten thousand times
(And we'll sacrifice, for the opposites)
Can you feel your heart sink? I can feel mine
(Cause there must be more than we know there is)
We’ve heard it all ten thousand times
(And we'll sacrifice, for the opposites)
Can you feel your heart sink? I can feel mine
(Cause there must be more and we know it)

And we know it
And we know it


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ti egine kosti mou ???? katalava peripou alla thelw leptomereies !!!! kai tis pio anatrixiastikes !!!!

kostis1993 said...

Τι να γίνει Κώστα μου; Δεν έχει λεπτομέριες. Απλά βρέθηκα ενώπιον μιας σκηνής που πάντα βλέπουμε στην TV και σιχαινόμαστε. Μπροστά στην υποκρισία και την αλαζονία των πολιτικών, που στην Ελλάδα(και όχι μόνο) μας έχουν πρήξει στη μπαρούφα. Ήταν το συνέδριο της ΝΔ βλέπεις. Μετά είδα στην πλατεία μια παρέα ηλικιωμένων να τραγουδάνε ανέμελοι και τους λάτρεψα, επειδή έγραψαν αυτά τα υποκείμενα εκεί που ξέρουν και χαίρονται τις απλές χαρές τις ζώη...